- Students are admittes at the beginning of the session.
- Admission forms for new admission are available at the School’s Office.
- The minimum age for admission is 3+(three) years.
- A student, who has attended a recognize school and is seeking admission in Abbot Shishu Hall, may be admitted if he/she produces a Transfer Certificate. The final decision for admission is at the discretion of the school authorities.
- Parents/Guardians are required to fill out the admission form utmost accuracy. A birth certificate from the Municipality/Corporation/Zilla Parishad will be required when submitting the admission form.
- New students are required to be accompanied by the parents/guardians. The parents/guardians will be responsible to the school authority for their child/ward’s conduct/regularity and fees.
- Students seeking admission will be required to take admission test and will be admitted to the class seeking admission to, if they qualify.
- Parents/Guardians is required to pay one month’s fee lieu of notice before withdrawing a student.
- A written Application will be required from the parents/guardian for the issuance of a transfer certificate(TC). No transfer certificate (TC) will be issued un;ess all dues to the school are paid in full.
NOTICE TO PARENTS /GURDIANS
PARENTS AND GUARDIANS ARE REQUESTED TO READ THE RULES CAREFULLY AND TO SEE THAT THEY ARE STRICTLY FOLLOWED. THEY ARE ALSO REQUESTED TO CO-OPERATE WITH THE SCHOOL REGARDING RULES, LESSONS, HOMEWORK, EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND CHARACTER BUILDING OF THE STUDENTS.
- THE PRINCIPAL CAN IN THE INTEREST OF THE SCHOOL, HAVE A STUDENT REMOVED IF IN THE FORMER’S OPINION THE STUDENT HAS FAILED TO ACCEPT THE DISCIPLINE OF THE SCHOOL AND THE STUDENT’S CONTINUED PRESENCE IS DETRIMENTAL TO THE INTERESTS OF OTHER STUDENTS AND THE SCHOOL.
- IRREGULAR ATTENDANCE, UNJUSTIFIED OR UNEXPLAINED ABSENCE, HABITUAL LATE COMING OR OBJECTIONABLE BEHAVIOR OF ANY KIND MAY RESULT IN THE REMOVAL OF A STUDENT FROM SCHOOL.
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE REQUESTED TO CHECK THE REGULARITY RECORD AND TO CHECK AND SIGN THE PROGRESS REPORT AND RETURN THE SAME TO THE CLASS TEACHER WITHIN 5(FIVE) DAYS OF RECEIPT.
- REPORT CARD CANNOT BE MADE AVAILABLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TERM AND NO SUCH REQUEST WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- NO PRESENTS/GIFTS TO TEACHERS ARE ALLOWED WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL OF THE SCHOOL AUTHORITIES. COLLECTION OF ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER WILL REQUIRE THE PERMISSION OF THE PRINCIPAL.
- THE DECISION OF THE PRINCIPAL IN ALL CASES IN FINAL AND BINDING TO ALL.
- IT SHOULD BE THE PRIDE OF EVERY STUDENT OF ABBOT SHISHU HALL TO LOOK HIS/HER BEST AND TO BE IN THE BEST BEHAVIOR AT ALL TIMES INSIDE AND OUTSIDE SCHOOL AND TO MAKE HIS/HER CONTRIBUTION ON THE IMAGE BUILDING OF THE SCHOOL.
- THE POSSESSION OF CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF CASH, CAMERAS, I-PODS, ELECTRONIC DEVICES, MP3 PLAYERS, CELL-PHONES, EXPENSIVE WATCHES AND JEWELLERY IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
- THE SCHOOL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS. STUDENTS ARE DISCOURAGED FROM BRINGING VALUABLES, MONEY OR WEARING ANY FORM OF JEWELLERY TO SCHOOL.
- SCHOOL PROPERTY DAMAGED OR DESTROYED WILL HAVE TO BE MADE GOOD. IN ADDITION A HEAVY FINE MAY ALSO BE IMPOSED.
- THE ACADEMIC SESSION COMPRISES 12(TWELVE) CALENDAR MONTHS FROM APRIL TO MAY.
- ALL FEES HAVE TO BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF EXAMINATIONS. ANY STUDENT WHOSE FEES ARE UNPAID WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT FOR THE EXAMINATION.
- A MINIMUM OF 3(THREE) WORKING DAYS IS REQUIRED FROM THE DATE OF APPLICATION, FOR THE ISSUANCE OF A TRANSFER CERTIFICATE (TC) TO ANY STUDENT.
- ANY UNFORESEEN OR UNSCHEDULED HOLIDAYS DECLARED BY THE SCHOOL WILL BE MADE UP ON SATURDAYS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SCHOOL AUTHORITIES.
- EVERY STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SCHOOL’S EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND NO STUDENT WILL BE EXCUSED WITHOUT A VALID REASON.
- EVERY STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SCHOOL’S PHYSICAL EXERCISE COURSE. A STUDENT WILL BE EXCUSED WITH A DOCTOR’S CERTIFICATE STATING THE REASON FOR THE REQUEST TO BE EXCUSED.
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE ALSO REQUESTED TO NOTIFY THE SCHOOL OF ANY CHANGE IN ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE/MOBILE NUMBER.
- ALL CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO THE PRINCIPAL BY DESIGNATION, AND NOT BY NAME.
- MEETING HOURS WITH THE PRINCIPAL ARE DURING REGULAR SCHOOL DAYS BETWEEN 9.15AM AND 10AM.
- PARENTS AND GUARDIANS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE THEIR CHILDREN OR MEET WITH TEACHERS DURING SCHOOL HOURS. TEACHERS CAN BE SEEN EITHER BEFORE SCHOOL OR AT THE END OF SCHOOL AFTER TAKING PRIOR APPOINTMENT.
- PARENTS MUST EXERCISE RESTRAINT FROM ACCUSING THE SCHOOL AUTHORITIES FOR ANY ACCIDENTAL MISHAP OF THEIR WARD DURING SCHOOL HOURS.
- PARENTS SHOULD REFRAIN FROM SENDING TIFFINS/MEDICINES ETC. TO THEIR WARD DURING SCHOOL HOURS.
- ANY STUDENT RESTORING TO UNFAIR MEANS OR ASSISTING IN UNFAIR MEANS DURING TESTS/EXAMINATIONS WILL BE GIVEN ZERO MARKS. REPETITION OF THIS BEHAVIOR WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL OF THE STUDENTS FROM THE SCHOOL.
THE SCHOOL IS OPEN FIVE DAYS A WEEK, FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY. SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ARE HOLIDAYS.
THERE ARE THREE VACATION PERIODS DURING EACH SCHOOL YEAR:
- SUMMER VACATION IS IN MAY-JUNE.
- PUJA VACATION IS IN OCTOBER.
- WINTER (X-MASS & NEW YEAR) VACATION IS IN DECEMBER-JANUARY.
SCHOOL TIMINGS ARE:
NURSERY AND K.G. 9.00A.M TO 12 NOON
I-V 8. 45A.M TO 1.55P.M.
VI-X 8. 45A.M TO 2.30P.M.
XI-XII 8. 45A.M TO 3.10P.M.
ASSEMBLY FOR ALL CLASSES IS AT 8:45A.M.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE AUTHORIZED PERSON ARE REQUIRED TO PRODUCE IDENTITY CARDS BEFORE TAKING THEIR CHILD/WARD FROM THE SCHOOL PREMISES.
- RED, BLUE AND WHITE CHECKED PINAFORE.
- BLACK LEATHER SHOES.
- WHITE SOCKS.
CLASS I UPWARDS
- GREY PLEATED SKIRT
- WHITE AND BLUE STRIPED HALF-SLEEVE BLOUSE WITH SHIRT COLLAR.
- SCHOOL TIE.
- CLEAN WHITE ANKLE LENGTH SOCKS.
- HAIR BELOW SHOULDER LENGTH SHOULD BE NEATLY PLAITED.
- BLACK LEATHER SHOES.
- NO COLOURED CLIPS, BANDS OR COMBS SHOULD BE WORN, ONLY BLACK COLOUR IS PERMITTED.
- NO JEWELLERY EXCEPT A SINGLE PAIR OF SMALL EAR STUDS OR EARRING MAY BE WORN. ANY BREACH OF THIS RULE WILL CAUSE THE ATTENDING ARTICLES TO BE CONFISCATED AND RETAINED BY THE SCHOOL. NAILS SHOULD BE NEATLY PAIRED.
- USE OF MEHENDI, HAIR COLOURING, MAKEUP, KAJAL, NAIL POLISH IS NOT PERMITTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- BLUE SHORTS/TROUSERS.
- RED, BLUE AND WHITE CHECKED HALF SLEEVE SHIRTS.
- BLACK, WELL-POLISHED LEATHER SHOES.
- CLEAN WHITE ANKLE LENGTH SOCKS.
- NO JEWELLERY SHALL BE WORN. ANY BREACH OF THIS RULE WILL CAUSE THE ATTENDING ARTICLES TO BE CONFISCATED AND RETAINED BY THE SCHOOL. NAILS SHOULD BE NEATLY PARED.
1.Regular class tests and term examinations are held and Report Cards with the result of the students’ performance is given at the end of every term.
2.Any student failing for two years in succession in the same class will be considered as withdrawn from the school.
- All answer scripts are within the Principal’s jurisdiction and no request for scrutiny of any scripts will be entertained.
- School tuition fees are for twelve calendar months.
- Fees are payable in advance and must be paid full by the 20 of each month. After this date, a fine of Re.1/day will be imposed.
- If a student’s fees are in arrears of more than two months, the student’s name may be struck off the rolls at the discretion of the school authorities.
- No reduction in fees are made for holidays.
- Fees are to be paid at the school’s cash office located in Shirazi House in Sector 1 (one). The timings for the cash office are from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm during school days.
- Parents/ Guardians should pay their child/ ward(s) fees directly to the school’s cash office and not through any school employee.
- All fees are required to be paid in full before the commencement of examinations.
Any student whose fees are not brought current will not be allowed to appear in the examinations.
- Students are required to show their fee book to their respective class teacher before the start of examinations, to ascertain that all tuition fees are paid in full.
- Students are not allowed to keep any book borrowed from the library for longer than a fortnight, without the permission of the school authority.
- If a student loses or damages a borrowed book, he/she will be required to make good.
In addition, a fine may also be imposed.
- If a student finds a boom that is damaged, he/she should bring the book to the attention of the class teacher immediately.
- Students are not permitted to lend their books borrowed from the library to other students.
- Students are expected to be punctual at all time. They will not be permitted to enter the school gate if they are late.
- On being absent, a leave letter from the guardian must be submitted to the class teacher clearly stating the reason for absence.
- In case of illness the Principal must be notified in writing by the second day, and the anticipated time of absence mentioned.
- Students absent from school on medical grounds must produce a letter or an entry in their school diary from parents or guardians when they rejoin. This must be supported by a medical fit certificate.
- Students affected by infectious diseases, or exposed to such diseases in their homes, must complete the quarantine period before joining the school. Tis should be indicated on the medical certificate.
- Minimum 90% attendance per term is required.
- Every child must be present on the first day and last day of each school term to qualify for enrolment in the next class in the new year.
- The school does not provide for any re-testing for class assignments, unit tests etc. which are missed due to absence.
All leave other than sick leave must be sanctioned by the Principal.